
Last night I got a lot of inspiration about a blog I should start, as well as a different kind of blog I should start: podcasting. I've been told multiple times how I have a great radio voice, and I think the time has come for me to dabble in that arena somehow. The other blog I was hoping on doing is on the top of of museums and musical performances. In a blast of inspiration, I came up with it: I will podcast about different musical performances and museums that I go to.
The first one I can talk about happened very recently, and I might as well write about it here rather than podcast (because it would take me a while to figure that out). My cousin Chris is graduating and he had a type of performance/critique last Thursday (the 6th) in a classroom on campus. He was playing "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music on piano in a jazz combo. His brothers, my cousins, were his rhythm section--Robert on bass and Jeffrey on drums. It was a big deal to my family, so his parents, my mom, and I were there to watch. It was great! And the professor who was critiquing them was really getting into it. Having a full rhythm section really made a difference, whereas most students either just had a piano or just a guitar accompany them. I felt like Chris had taken us all to a jazz club somewhere. It was definitely a really special performance. :)

In other news, last night around midnight, I bought a camera from Best Buy.com! It's a Kodak Easyshare 10.2 megapixel Digital Camera and if it ships quickly it'll be here no earlier than Thursday! I'm really excited, because this means I can take pictures on my New Mexico trip, and document all the summer fun times I'll be having here in Berkeley, Tahoe, and most importantly, my new apartment! This is a big transition point in my life, and I want to be able to have pictures from it. It's going to be an interesting ride!
gO bEaRs!
No comments:
Post a Comment