Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Sonnet, and a kickoff countdown update!

Yes, my friends. Cal will be playing UC Davis in no more than 119 days. Well... It's midnight right now, so maybe 119 days plus 12 hours. However, I just came across a poem that is on a Note on my Facebook page, and I thought I'd share it here as well. It honestly has nothing to do with football, but it proves that I still have the power to write poetry. It's a sonnet, and I wrote it after listening to Debussy's Claire de Lune walking to Tim's at sunset. The view is from the Bancroft stairs, and if you've never been there at sunset, check it out at least once in your life.

Go Bears! And enjoy :)

A Sonnet

My budded ears now with them music brings,
A piece in which the light and dark aren't clear.
The walk I take reveals the sunlit things;
The things which music makes to seem more dear.
This sunset blurs the sky, the clouds, the sea,
To one great heav'nly white and yellow haze.
A view of bridge and town i barely see,
They brightly sting my eyes here as I gaze.
Upon the leaves this sunlight gracef'lly brews,
My mem'ries from a long and distant past.
These visions I did know held heavy news,
But goodness made the thoughts of goodness last.
A crisp breeze wafts the ending of this day
I can't but mourn the music gone away.

No comments:

Post a Comment