Ok... In light of my post from yesterday: today I'm really sick. Hopefully none of you catch it from me via the internet, or in any other way. Luckily I'm in that amazing place between school ending and the next thing starting, so I'm safe from missing anything.
Being sick, of course all I have to do is entertain myself and sleep. So, the movies I've watched so far are:

Sense and Sensibility (2009) parts 1, 2, & 3. - I love this story almost as much as I love Pride and Prejudice. Edward Ferrars is an amazing match for Elinor, and although the spotlight isn't on her the whole time, the story about her sister is equally as interesting. It just goes to show that the person you end up with (in present day the person you end up with for a long time, maybe not marriage) may not be the person you at first expect to be good for you. One of my favorite lines from "New Moon" from the Twilight Saga is "Sometimes you have to learn to love what's good for you". In the past months I've been contemplating this, and it's really a true statement. In the past I've been drawn to simply what I like. Now, I'm trying to see if the men I like are liked because of only their charm or because they promise a happy future that will benefit me. It's something I think all women (and men) can learn from Jane Austen's stories, and I encourage everyone to delve into her books.

Leap Year (2010) - I have yet to come up with thoughts on this movie. I loved it! Partially because I really want to go to Ireland (and it takes place there), but also because it goes along with what I said above: love what's good for you. Anna, the heroine, had no idea that Declan, despite his rough exterior, was actually helping her from the goodness of his heart, whereas her boyfriend was only concerned with his own fortune. I won't ruin the details, but it's by far my favorite romantic comedy from the last couple years. Also, the movie shows that the best part of a trip is the adventures in between, not so much what you wanted to see from the beginning. I can vouch for that. I also just really love Matthew Goode... So sue me, he's beautiful:

Now I'm off to make pumpkin bread, and eat something. I feel like someone's pet. All I do is entertain myself and eat when I'm sick. Ugh.... hopefully it will pass by tomorrow.
Go Bears, beat the cold with an anti-viral stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment