Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sick Day

Today has been plagued by sickness, and although school is over and I have nothing of importance to do, it’s really annoying to be feeling this way. My immune system tends to crash after finals end… so this sickness is not totally unexpected. However, it does put a damper on this festive time of year. Naturally, the day started off slow. Waking up at noon with a headache and sore throat is the worst way to wake up… but I finally rolled (or climbed in that case) out of bed.

I spent a couple hours relaxing and watching movies, but the plan was to hang out at Tim’s to help him make the basis for a skin-tight costume. We wrapped his entire body (he was wearing underwear, don’t worry) in saran wrap, put masking tape over that entire thing, then cut it off. He stuffed it, and taped it together, so he would have a near-exact replica of his body to make the costume on. Tim’s blog is at foolofleuda.blogspot.com and is all about his adventures in cosplay and thoughts about costume making! It’s really fun to read, and suggest you take a look at it J

However, before this, and the majority of our day, was spent giving a tour to a group of high school juniors. The group’s teacher was Tim’s friend Chelsea’s sister, and it was a really relaxed unofficial tour that took only about an hour of our day. I’d never met Chelsea before, but she was pretty awesome, and I hope to talk to her more! The fact that I’ve been meeting a lot of people lately is another story all together, and just proves that even at the end of your junior year in college, you can’t sit back and relax in your group of friends. Life is just going to change in a year or so, and it’s good to keep up your ability to talk to new people. Anyway, that’s another blog post that I should do later… but not now.

Back to the tour: The group had been to a couple other schools (Stanfurd [hissssss] and Santa Clara) so they were a little tired and lethargic from their long day. The tour was still pretty fun, though. Being sick, I wasn’t able to give the whole thing, but Tim and Chelsea had a lot of valuable information and perspective that a seasoned tour guide might not have provided. It was fun to be able to switch off the tour, since usually I have to talk through the entire thing.

To keep a long story short, the tour was much appreciated and Tim and I were treated to coffee afterwards by Chelsea at Café Milano, and we proceeded to hang out at Tim’s and talk about life. It was a very fun time, despite being sick, and meeting someone new is always a plus. Then Tim and I did his pattern for his costume, and here we are! Quite a sick day, but it’s better than not doing anything at all.

Go Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment