Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lounge Conversation

Something needs to be said for the Cal Band Lounge. It's been such an essential part of my day for the last 3 years of college: a place to eat lunch, a place to hang out before Wind Ensemble/Marching practice, a place to change for the gym, and a place to pass out face down on a couch (which most people would not do). The Lounge is the one place that all (if not, most) Calbandsmen will go to hang out every once in a while.

For me, however, I go in there nearly every day. Not because I'm forced to, but I really do enjoy the people that tend to go there, and the fact that it's a quiet place away from the rest of campus. Especially on really cold days in the winter, it's a great room to warm up in between classes (since the heater is always on, sometimes to excruciating temperatures). Now, because of these conveniences, many people in band decide to go there on a regular basis, so there are always people to converse with. And, oh -- do we converse.

One of my plans in the future is to record a typical "Lounge Conversation" that happens in this room. For some reason the most random topics come up, are thoroughly discussed, and are in no way (except in certain cases) referenced later. I will buy a recorder of some kind, or bring my computer in to write down these conversations -- but no matter how they are recorded, they must be. Maybe I'll mix it up each day: one day write a poem, one day write who says what, one day record it and then type it word for word. Anyway, you get the point. The Lounge is a magical place.

In future posts, hopefully this topic will be continually addressed. However, since the summer is about to begin, there may not be too many chances to document these occurrences. So, the next goal is to remember that I had a goal in the first place.

I tried to post some pictures, but it didn't work... I'll figure it out somehow...

Go Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment