Anyway, I was walking up bancroft, and noticed that despite the light rain, people had decided to pull out their umbrellas. Why do I care, and what do I have to say? Basically, I was wearing flip flops and was not one bit scared of getting wet.
I thought at little bit about it, and i remembered by Barefoot day for TOMS shoes that I did a while ago, and I realized that when one is barefoot (or in flip flops), one feels more connected with the world around them. That is, since your feet are so prone to getting hurt (or wet in this case), you become more in tune with the natural and immediate world. Therefore, the rain was not a hindrance to me, but something refreshing and freeing. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if we went through our day not thinking nature is interfering with our lives, when something like rain happens, we wouldn't think of it as ruining our day, but enhancing it, bringing it closer to nature.
On a less philosophical note, something happened to me today that I never thought would happen. You know the phrase " 'I see' said the blind man to the deaf man"? Well I definitely saw this acted out in reality today.
As I was walking to class, two guys of about the same stature were walking toward me. One was wearing large sunglasses that covered most of his face (like a blind person might), and the other had ear buds in, face completely expressionless and looking straight ahead. The one with sunglasses was talking very animatedly, although the one with ear buds continued to look ahead. It honestly seemed like one was blind to the fact that the one couldn't hear him, and I honestly laughed out loud.
And last but DEF. not least, if you're reading this, please come to the Cal Band Spring Show!!
GO BEARS
No comments:
Post a Comment