Wednesday, April 14, 2010

If you're Hungry and you know it clap your hands...

So this past year I've been trying to find a balance between the occasional eating out and eating at home. It's actually a really hard thing to do if you have a shcdule like mine... imagine you have class one day from 11-2 straight, not breaks. What do you do for lunch? Well, usually eating a lot in the morning seems a good idea. But, that just means that either I'm 1) hungrier in the afternoon or 2) I just don't wake up in time to eat anything. If it's #1, I want to get food as fast as possible, not take the 10 minute walk home before eating. And if it's #2, I'm so ravenously hungry by 2 that I want to eat everything in sight. Such a complicated thing when it should be simple...

However, it's a lesson that is being constantly worked out, and I thing the past few weeks I've finally figured out a strategy: don't get cravings for fast food. You know what I'm talking about... that craving that you get for Chipotle or La Burrita or whatever burrito place you love to go to. Or for sushi at 2AM. Or for Boba on a hot afternoon. Or Yogurtland on the same kind of afternoon. It's just something to get over, and it's something (I think) that every college student has to deal with. It's so easy when you live next door to your favorite places to just go get something to eat. But it's also just one step harder to walk home and eat something.

Another solution I've found is to be either creative or anti-creative with what you eat. My roommate Matt eats the exact same dinner every single night, so his body knows what to expect and when to expect it. Also, he just buys a ton of the same things so that he can just make the same thing. And being creative is just a good thing because you can make a meal out of whatever you have and make it taste good (or not). The point is that doing either of these things helps with not going out to buy food. I also find that being excited about cooking helps also....

So, there's my rant about meal scheduling, I hope you all find it appealing and entertaining and thoughtful. WOO!

Go Bears! Beat the Spring Show Rehearsals!

2 comments:

  1. Lizz, I love you, but you need to work on your run-on sentences. Also, don't start sentences with a conjunction. I'm sure Hilary would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but writing in that way makes it sounds soooooo good! jk. Seriously though I kinda feel like I want to write this blog as if I'm 1) speaking in person and 2) writing in a diary or some sorts. So in that case, writing in run ons just means I have a ton of thoughts to get out and writing with conjunctions is how many people start sentences in reality...

    Also, I will write what/how I want in my own blog! :P

    ReplyDelete