The beauty of this last week and a half has been this: the 7 days of Harry Potter. It's the perfect summer drinking game. There are no rules except these.
1)Each night for 7 days you must watch a Harry Potter film. We were lucky enough to squeeze 2 in a day (which I missed due to other plans, unfortunately), so we still finished them in the 7 days before the last film was released.
2)There has to be beer included in the mix, but the times you drink are completely up to you and your friends. One continual rule was to drink every time there was sexual tension between any two characters. Another was to drink every time someone else drank something, such as Madeye Moody (a.k.a. Barty Crouch Jr.) which his polyjuice potion.
3)Watch the Deathly Hallows pt.2 in theaters on the last day.
I believe that college students all over the country should indulge in this wondrous seven-night event, especially while the newest addition is still in theaters. It adds a kick to what would be a very long week of movie-watching. Let's just hope that someday soon J.K. Rowling will allow a re-showing of all eight movies in theaters eight nights in a row. Now THAT, my friends, would be quite a week.
As a side note, and as a response to the title of this post, drinking that many days in a row while working and doing other daily activities is extremely exhausting. I don't suggest binge drinking in any case while attempting this week of HP. I only suggest that having a beer or two while watching movies you love is an extremely enjoyable activity, and it's a bonding experience you'll never forget with your friends. I now plan on being somewhat sober for the next few weeks.
Happy Harry Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment