It's been a little over a week, and last time I weighed myself--which was Tuesday, my birthday--I had dropped to 170 lbs! At the doctor's the week before I weighed 175! It's very exciting, and although birthday-time for my family (which is mid- to late-July) is full of wine and beer and cake and big dinners, I think I've done pretty well maintaining myself. Antishay, my Youtube inspiration, has a few words about going out to eat at the Olive Garden, which was similar to my birthday experience since we went to Trattoria La Siciliana in Berkeley. I totally know what she means about not eating 1000 or more calories in 1 sitting now.... I had close to 1500 and then continued to drink beer at Raleigh's later. Yes, it was my birthday; but no, I shouldn't do that if I can help it.
In other news, I went to see Captain America on Monday night with a bunch of people, which was soooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaawesome!! My bff Tim came out for my birthday (YAY!) and he suggested we go see it. I was reluctant since I didn't know the story, but if you're someone who love hot men, sexual tension, a GREAT VILLAIN, and the promise of a good sequel, then this is the movie for you. The beginning of the movie has Steve Rodgers (played by attractive Chris Evans) as a skinny little man who can't join the army during WWII. Then Dr. Abraham Erkskine (Stanley Tucci) makes him into a super human, the first of what was supposed to be an army of supermen. However, due to the doctor's death, Rodgers is and will be the only one in existence.
Hugo Weaving plays Johann Schmidt or "Red Skull" who is the villain of the movie. Once you get past the hopes that he'll slip in a Lord of the Rings Elrond quote, he actually becomes a pretty terrifying villain. Just know that there are lulls of plot that go with the awesome action, but it's enough to keep you wanting more. I want to, at this time, personally thank Tim for taking me. With his comic book knowledge (which is not perfect but MUCH better than mine), he knew enough plot to convince me to go :)
Well, here's to a good birthday, and the continuing fight against my eating habits. Woo!
No comments:
Post a Comment