
I have tried so many times to lose weight during college. It's weird. I don't think I ever realized how much of an on-going thing it was going to be. I can remember the time when I actually lost 10 lbs. last summer, and 2 summers before that losing somewhere around 15... but I always gain it back.
Now, I'm not going to say "this is the time where it's all going to change", because if life has taught me anything about myself, my life is constantly changing week to week, day to day. In a few months I might have forgotten all about this method of doing things. However, because it's something completely different than before, there is a chance of success.
I have started using a website called MyFoodDiary.com, and so far it seems to be effective. I was inspired by the video blog of a woman on Youtube, who ended up losing 65 lbs. by the end of her diet. She didn't necessarily use this same website, but I'm inspired this time to make it work. My life is changing dramatically. I'm no longer in school on a day-to-day basis which means I'm living a more solitary life. This leads to the lack of pressure to eat certain foods simply because my friends are going out to dinner. The fact that I have more time to think about what I'm eating will effect my eating habits. I have more time to exercise (although sometimes less energy). And best of all, I've decided to become sober. That's right, no alcohol.
This is only Day 2, so I don't feel any different yet, but I'm hoping that soon I'll see the pounds melting away. At the rate I'm going I'll be losing about 1.5 lbs. per week, so by December I should be in much better shape than I am today. My goal at the moment is 145 lbs., but I might up it to 150 if I feel like I'm getting too skinny. I don't want to be gross-skinny, that is not my intent with this diet. I simply don't want to have belly fat that will effect my health in the future. This is about long-term health, not simply to look skinny during my youth.
My other goals are:
~Drink 90 oz. of water per day (especially when exercising)
~Eat no more than 1600 calories per day. I know the number of calories should be less when I don't exercise in a day, and I know it will drop as I lose the weight, but for now it's a great goal. ~Keep my sodium, intake less than the recommended maximum of 2300mg per day. Right now I'm hitting around the 4000-4500mg range. Time to start switching from microwave and instant crap to more wholesome foods. GOOD BYE TOP RAMEN!
~Also, going to sleep/getting in bed earlier than 11PM. I need to stop staying up late, even on weekends. My sleep patterns need to change as my work schedule demands it to. It will also help getting off the computer earlier in the night so I don't feel the urge to stay online late. Sleeping 8-9 hours a day and not changing up my schedule a lot will help my body function better. :)
More updates to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment