Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Unexpected.

There are a lot of things that have happened in the past four years that were unexpected. One of them is how I would feel during my last week of finals. I thought I would be more emotional in my leaving Berkeley; that I would miss the one place I have been wanting to attend my whole life.

I was talking to my good friend Lauren W. yesterday, and we were talking about how so many things happen in the course of a year--let alone two or four years--that you don't expect and could not possibly predict. I didn't predict that I would have to stay at Berkeley the ENTIRE time... meaning that I have a final on the last day during the last possible time slot. I also didn't predict that I would be single and ok with it, I would be living in a wonderful apartment with two wonderful people, and that I would still be frequenting the Band Lounge in order to talk to my younger friends in band. While there are so many things that mean so much to me on this campus, more than half of them are things I wouldn't have expected to love at the end of my college career.

These are just some thoughts that go through my head during my last week of college. I have one more paper to write for a pass/not pass class, and it surprises me that I'm just trying to get through it and turn it in instead of going out with a bang. Maybe someday I'll revise it. Maybe someday I'll reread all the papers I have from college.

I also have 3 finals to take. Two on Thursday and one Friday night. The Friday night one? Definitely going to Bear's Lair before and after. What a way to finish my last finals week. :)

I might write a couple more times. I plan on writing at least an Ode to College, a recap of all the amazing things that have happened to me in the past years. I also plan on posting some kind of summary of particular papers I loved writing. We'll see what happens. My thoughts right now are as scattered as this blog post, but I'm sure that soon everything will come together.

Go Bears, beat the undergraduate education!

1 comment: