Making friendship bracelets has been a small-time hobby of mine since high school. I've had at least a couple friendship bracelets on my left wrist for the past at least 5 years, and everytime one breaks, I make a wish and make a new one to replace it. I've always made bracelets that were in a spiral staircase pattern--very thin, and the knot would create a spiral around the whole of the bracelet. However, people have been taking a notice to my bracelets more than usual lately. When I say that I make them myself, it usually leads to them asking if I would make them one. I love making bracelets for other people, but to be honest, the demand has become kind of overwhelming! I love the interest that everyone has, though, and whoever asks for one, I promise to make one. Except if you're not my friend... no friendship bracelet for you :P
I'm charging $0.25 for the spiral staircase bracelets and $2 for the woven ones (which are more difficult and take much longer to make). I'll be looking into different patterns soon such as the Heart Pattern, and others, and I might charge $2.50 for those... Not sure they'll turn out right but we'll see when I get to making them.
In other news, I think I'm going to be making a Lord of the Rings blog soon! I just finished re-reading the series (for the first time since high school), and I want to blog about all the awesome things I found in the book that are a) not included in the movie and b) are just plain interesting. Also, thanks to my good friend Hilary J., I started reading critiques of Tolkien thanks to the UC Berkeley Library. They have at LEAST 3 entire shelves all about LOTR. I'll be blogging about those books as I finish them one by one. I wish school reading sparked this much interest. Thankfully school will be over soon, though :D
Also!! Director Peter Jackson has started filming THE HOBBIT!!! Should be out by 2014, I think. I'm so excited I had to subscribe to the movie's twitter account!! AGH!!
Anyway, enough nerdiness for now. Let me know if you'd like a bracelet! No guarantees if I don't know you, though....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment