Monday, August 2, 2010

[Enter Simpsons Quote Below]


Betsy: It's all about little substitutions. If you want to eat something, eat a bell pepper. Crave something sweet? Eat a bell pepper. Want a beer? Bell pepper.
Homer Simpson: It tastes good like pepper, but crunchy like a bell.
Betsy: Bell pepper!

Today I took a sick day. Turning 21 has been terrible for my immune system and vocal chords apparently. I really guess there is a thing as too much socializing, because it definitely took a toll on me. The last week has been AWESOME beyond words, so many new experiences and people. But today I just needed to relax.

A part of that relaxation was getting my room together. Thank you Advil for allowing me to do that... Got my shelf put together, got my bulletin board up, and got all my books on the bookshelf. It felt good to get more things in order instead of just having shiz thrown around places.
Another awesome thing as far as getting our apartment settled was getting rid of a random table that was in our apartment when we moved in, and the top of my desk which I didn't need anymore. Last night I was noticing on the way home with Ryn that people were putting things out on the sidewalk: furniture, mattresses, shelves, etc. So, I remembered that I should've been looking out for that, because it would mean that it might be a large-waste pick up day. I talked to Ryn, and Asis, who we happened to run into on the street, and we decided to take out all the stuff we had and see if it got picked up. Lo' and behold, this morning everything was gone--whether someone else picked it up or the garbage people did, I don't care. I was just so happy it was all gone :)

There was something else I needed to share. I'd been wanting to make a couscous/bell pepper recipe, so I decided to make it for my parents when I came home today. Coincidentally my dad had decided to make stuffed bell peppers with meat and tomato sauce on them. So what did we do? Made hella bell peppers for dinner. Both recipes turned out awesome, and we had actually made too much. For my diet, one half of a bell pepper for my recipe was only 4 points. Pretty substantial since I could only eat one half of a pepper from each dish... Below is a picture of the final product of Couscous with spinach and parmesan cheese stuffed in red bell pepper sections.

I will definitely be making this again... It didn't take very long either. Shout out to Fanya because she wants to start a food blog!! :D

One more productive thing I did today: made bracelets for myself. I've had 2 fall off recently (one was stretchy that said "Lizz" and fell off when I was tackling a bag at the Women's Huddle... more on that later...), and I needed some replacements. One has colors that remind me of the movie "Avatar" (light blue, blue, purple, pink, white), and one has green, light green, orange, and brown.

Anywho, football season is coming up. 33 DAYS TILL FOOTBALL!!! 17 DAYS TILL FTP DAVIS!!!! WOOOOOO!!!

Beware the Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment