I guess my blog is going to have a lot about my diet now, seeing as its something I'm thinking about constantly. I'm trying to incorporate these habits into my life instead of only doing it for a while... So this may be boring to most. It's really just so I have some record of my progress.
Either way, I should be making all my lunches starting this week, which has led to me learning about what foods to buy and make. It was amazing having an empty fridge to fill with things like light mayo instead of regular, soda with 0 calories and low sodium, whole wheat tortillas, and 4 different kinds of greens (yay salad!). Tonight I'll be making bell peppers stuffed with couscous (from a box) and spinach. It's pretty exciting :) For my birthday I got a SHAPE magazine subscription and healthy cook book from my parents, which is very encouraging. I'm not obese or anything, but I'm glad that my family is helping me out with something I want to do :)
I don't want to finish this post without thanking my friend Fanya, because she's been an inspiration to me. She decided last Spring that she wanted to lose a lot of weight, and so far in the last few months she's changed her entire appearance. She's only been working out and eating less, and she's dropped tens of pounds! It's amazing! I don't expect to lose quite as much weight as she has, but its great to know that anything is possible with a little diet and exercise. It's a lesson that I need to remember later in life.
To finish, I'll put my status on Facebook that I updated last night: "Lizz Campos is a beautiful, sexy, intelligent woman, and no one, not even herself, will make her think otherwise." This will be my mantra since I've been needing one lately.
Go Bears!
No comments:
Post a Comment