I think one of the things the last 5 days has taught me about weight loss and just eating in general is to be aware of your food. Don't just passively eat either watching T.V. or because you feel like it; or because you're with other people that are eating. It's hard to say no to those situations, but once I got on the point system, it was easy to say "I only have this many points for today, I should only eat one more thing today". Surprisingly, this time was usually around 8 or 9PM, a time after dinner when I'd normally keep eating well into the night. At that time, I'll have a glass of milk or yogurt, or something worth 1 or 2 points before I go to sleep, and even now at 1:30AM, I don't feel hungry because I've been eating a lot of protein and fiber.
So, this is the beginning of the end of my old eating habits, and I'm serious this time about keeping the weight off. I think the next thing to check, especially in my last year of college, is alcohol consumption. If it means keeping the weight off, it's definitely worth only having a little bit at a party, and only indulging myself on special occasions (like my Birthday coming up).
All in all, this plan is working, and I've never felt more in control of my life than I do now :)
Go Bears!
No comments:
Post a Comment