One of my ideas was to continue to do a type of art project I learned in my high school art class. It's simple really: take a picture, any picture, draw it however you like, find the colors of the picture in magazines, and then fill in your drawing with those colors. What results is a mosaic of different shades, simplified but more complex. I'm currently working on one with a duckling jumping out of the water to catch a fly. Cutting the magazine into oblong strips with points at each end has made the blue part of the picture (the background) resemble water. I have yet to start on the duck itself, but I have a few ideas for it. I'll post a picture when it's finished. I'll be working on it more today.
Second, I really want to make my OWN Cal T-shirt instead of getting free ones all the time. I really want one that says "Beware the Bear" with a ferocious bear face on the front. Or, a really cute bear. I haven't decided. However, I've started on making the ferocious bear face, instead of just copying a picture from the internet I'm drawing over a picture from the internet to create my own (sort of) design. We'll see how it turns out, or if i ever finish it. I might make it an optional shirt for my section this year.
In any case, "these violent delights have violent ends" (Shakespeare, R&J), and football season is upon us. 5 days from now I'll be at UC Davis marching my buns off, and enjoying every minute of it. Hopefully my sore throat will be gone by then. I really hope I don't have to be on antibiotics during FTP.... that would be a terrible last stand at Davis...
GO BEARS!! BEAT THE AGGIES!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment