"When you come to the end of a perfect day,And you sit alone with your thought,While the chimes ring out with a carol gayFor the joy that the day has brought,Do you think what the end of a perfect dayCan mean to a tired heart. . ." -Carrie Jacobs Bond "A Perfect Day"
We played a really intense game of Apples to Apples, where each person had to defend the card that they put down so the judge could be swayed one way or another. It took a lot longer than any other game I've played, but it was vastly entertaining. A few good ones that I put down myself were for Bizarre=Patrick Swayze, Majestic=Koala Bears, and Mature=Mating Season. I actually didn't win a single one, but that doesn't matter, it was still a fun night.
One story I want to put down on paper, though, is when Danielle, Greg's sister, found out Tim and I were in the Cal Band. She said we were awesome, and that she loved when we came in at CalSO. We get these kind of compliments a lot from people, especially about CalSO memories. The kicker? She said that when we played Don't Stop Believin', her dad, who was also at CalSO, cried. This is why we do what we do: because we never know what reactions we will get from people, and we sometimes never see these reactions.
No comments:
Post a Comment