Life right now is going pretty well. Went to Tahoe with the parents for a week starting the 4th of July and coming back on the 12th. Tahoe was sooo awesome, so relaxing. Didn't really get to the Lake, mostly because the one day we wanted to, there were hundreds of people on the beach already. We decided to get lunch and then go to the pool back where our condo was. I finished the book "Ecotopia", which I read the first time in high school for my Utopian Lit. class. It was awesome to read a second time mostly because now I have college reading skills and college level ideas about what I'm reading. It's really exciting how my approach to reading has changed over the years :) It's a hobby I want to keep up all through college, although I think I'm gonna have to work harder at keeping it going.
Also, while we were there I went to the gym a lot, started running again. When up in the mountains I was able to run 1.25 miles. Now I can run a little more than 1.5. I'm really excited for being able to run 2 miles soon. I can honestly say that I've never been able to run that far before, and it's going to be REALLY good for me later. Looking back on it, I never was pushed to to run or exercise in middle school OR high school. We took PE, but it was never enough to even make us sweat. And since I was never able to do sports in high school, that was all the exercise I got... Now, I'm proud to say that I've taken my health into my own hands and am now working at running for 20-30 minnutes before I feel like I've succeeded at something. Now I'm at about 17 mins... we'll see how that goes.
Back to my Tahoe trip, I spent a lot of time with my mom, and we even went to get PEDICURES! haha... Yes, I can be girly at some times, and this was one of them. I would even suggest to guys to get pedicures, because your feet just feel so much better after. I should think about doing that every now and then during Marching Season. There would be nothing better to do on Sundays after marching all the previous day than getting my feet pampered...
Anyway, we got home on the 12th, my brother's 24th birthday, and so we had all the family over for dinner. It was a really cool instance, because after dinner, we kept sitting at the table just talking about life. It was such a fun night because of that. It just proves that all of us (Phil, Bobby, Jeff, Chris and I) are turning into our parents. Every time we've had dinner at my Nana's house, the adults would all stay at the table and talk until it was time to wash dishes and go home. Now, that happens with ALL of us. And the funny part is that it really was the high-light of my night. I was so happy to catch up with my family.... I can't remember the last time we were all together like that, either (except maybe christmas). Good times all around though :)
Since getting back to Berkeley it's been kinda a mixture of performing at CalSO's, giving tours, and hanging out with various Band people. I got to play for my good friend from high school's CalSO, and her nickname has officially become "Rin" as in the last syllable of Catherine. It's pretty funny, and I think she'll fit in just fine as a newman :D
Well, that's all for now. What I've got on my plate today will involve me chillin at Tim M.'s, counting shell beads, and MAD-Comm (MAC + AD-Comm) Bonding. We're gonna be rock climbing! Otherwise, got the apartment to myself this weekend, will most likely be reading and blogging in my spare time. Expect to hear more from me!
GO BEARS!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Duuuuude we should run together!
ReplyDelete