Monday, December 20, 2010

"All progress depends on the unreasonable [wo]man" - George Bernard Shaw

The above quote should be advice to everyone: sometime's it's unhealthy to be too reasonable with the world.

The word I looked for in my Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations was "progress", becau
se although I'm on Winter Break, currently, I believe that progress can still be made in my life. What am I progressing toward? I actually don't know. Bet
tering myself? I'd like to think so.

Today was my first weekday of break. I finished finals on Friday, went out to party, went to my family Christmas gatherings over the weekend, and today I worked for 4 hours for the first time since summer. I hardly have time to work, so I took advantage of this time.

Today was also the first day I attempted cardio exercise since the end of the marching season (Nov. 27, a few weeks ago). Wow, was it bad. I ran maybe 10 minutes and couldn't do anymore. However, the word "progress" should help with progressing toward a more fit me! Today I also started on my list of TV shows to catch up on, and read for most of my work time. The idea is that if I watch an episode per day of the shows I need to watch, and read at least 2 hours a day, I'll be caught up on everything come the next semester. Turning off my computer every once in a while during break will probably help with the reading especially...

THe next thing on my plate (besides Christmas celebrations, going to Palm Springs, and the coming of 2011) is the GRE. My date to take it is January 8th, not too long from now. Starting today I will continue studying for it, since I was hindered with the coming of Finals. I'm excited but not too excited. We'll see what happens!!

Anywho, here's a list of what I've watched since the end of finals. It's amazing how many movies a person can watch in so short a time. Maybe I should limit my movie watching as well as turning off my computer to be productive....

1. Ratatouille


















2. Love Actually


















3. Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment