Hello everyone! Just your friendly museum enthusiast giving you some info. on an upcoming construction project near UC Berkeley! Plus some info. on what exciting things I'll be doing today.
For those of you who have not been to the West Crescent side of campus lately, the UC Berkeley Press building (across from Starbucks on Oxford and Center) has been closed for a number of years and has been rotting on that side of campus. The University has planned to tear down that building, and put in it's place a new venue for the Berkeley Art Museum and the Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFM), which--since the 1960's--have traditionally coincided with each other.
For more information on the building project, you can visit their website here. It looks like the building is going to continue to be modern, and will be near other venues for the arts such as the Berkeley Rep, the Berkeley Community Theatre, and a few blocks from Berkeley's famous Zellerbach Hall. The new BAM/PFM building will also be only a block from the Downtown Berkeley BART station, for those of you looking to take public transportation.
Today I will be going to enjoy the current Berkeley Art Museum building with my Mom in going to see the exhibit entitled Rome, Naples, Venice: Italian Masterworks from the BAM/PFA Collection and possibly another entitled 1991: The Oakland-Berkeley Fire Aftermath Photographs by Richard Misrach. If you're a student or staff at UC Berkeley, remember that admission is FO' FREE!!! I'll also be going to the BAM's very own Remedy Cafe for lunch, but unfortunately, the food isn't free. I will more than likely write about my experiences at the BAM later today, as I do have to write a report for one of my Museum Studies programs' grad-school applications.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and check back for my next post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment