I've found a lot of memories boxed up in my room. I haven't cleaned a lot of this out in 4 years at least; some has been sitting here longer. Many of these things have been birthday, christmas, and graduation cards from various important people in my life. However, I found one that made me appreciate my oldest friend even more: Kim.
Kim has always made me awesome birthday cards. She spent probably whole afternoons drawing pictures on them, writing hilarious and heart-warming things, and I have always appreciated it. This is why, without further ado, I transcribe the poem she wrote for my 15th Birthday. The poem was written at a time where we were going to different high schools, and we were both figuring out life for the first time without each other.
Thanks so much for your love and support, Kim! This one's for you.
Lizz,
Take a look within yourself,
And tell me what you see,
Not only just an unseen elf,
You've been much more to me...
I just don't know, what to say
You're now 15 years old
When we were kids, we used to play and
Our friendship turned to gold.
"Life is short.. but the days are long,"
That is what you said
Lizz, I know you will be strong
As you lay at night in bed
Your talent keeps amazing me
No matter how much I try
I'm filling up with good envy
IT's the truth I cannot lie
So as you read, just think of me
As the years go by
Always know that we'll still play
Don't let our friendship die...
-Kim M.
No comments:
Post a Comment